Quality Control Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is the world's leading gene therapy company, redefining the possibilities for patients and families affected by life-threatening genetic diseases through our innovative gene therapy platform. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Bannockburn, IL, the goal of AveXis' cutting-edge science is to address the underlying, genetic root cause of diseases. AveXis pioneered foundational research, establishing AAV9 as an ideal vector for gene transfer in diseases affecting the central nervous system, laying the groundwork to build a best-in-class, transformational gene therapy pipeline. AveXis received its first U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval in May 2019 for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). AveXis is also developing therapies for other genetic diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) SOD1. Be a part of a team reimagining the treatment of rare and devastating genetic diseases with transformational gene therapies.
The Quality Control (QC) Group is part of the Quality organization and is responsible for testing of raw materials, in-process, release, and stability samples. The QC Supervisor will be primarily responsible for overseeing testing which is performed by the QC Analysts. In this role, they will supervise a team of QC Analysts. Additionally, the QC Supervisor will review data, perform administrational duties associated with a leadership role, and actively perform testing if needed.
The successful candidate will work in a cGLP environment and must have working knowledge of a QC environment, the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently, have strong meeting facilitation and conflict resolution skills, a strong technical writing capability, be action oriented and compliant minded. Skills in statistics required to effectively analyze trends is also desired.Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily activities within the QC department in an efficient manner, assuring that the Avexis core values (Integrity, Tenacity, and Teamwork) are reinforced.
- Perform mid-year and end of year evaluations.
- Lead and coach a team of QC Analysts.
- Drive testing efficiencies in order to reduced testing time and costs, improve compliance, and reduce safety risks.
- Perform equipment repair.
- Assure training is up to date for the team.
- Conflict resolution, problem solving in a cross functional setting, and ability to meet testing timelines.
- Ability to adhere to standard timeline and escalate actions appropriately for resolution in a timely manner.
- Support strategic proposals, progress updates and presentations to all levels of the site organization.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent combination of education with strong and broad relevant experience.
- Prior leadership experience is desired but not required.
- Prior experience testing in a GLP environment is required.
- Investigational stills with respect to laboratory investigations required.
- Must work well on a team and be able to trouble shoot and problem solve in a cross functional team setting.
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to identify and flag risks in a timely manner to keep deliverables on track.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must have proven logic and decision-making abilities, critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to accommodate testing schedule as required.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization is required.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...