- Berkeley College
- $108,650.00 -195,120.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1 Center Cir
The Center for Academic Success at Berkeley College's Woodbridge Campus seeks a Learning Specialist. Under the direction of the CAS Director, the Learning Specialist will promote the strategies necessary for student success in college coursework.
* Develop and promote math, accounting, and finance workshops and digital resources that help students identify and practice academic strategies that help them become self-regulated learners.
* Build rapport students on the MDL campus and help them connect with CAS and campus resources.
* Work with students individually and in small groups to:
o Identify learning challenges in STEM and finance courses and work on developing effective study and learning skills strategies to address those challenges.
o Set academic goals, identify potential barriers to these goals, and utilize learning strategies to address these barriers.
o Analyze their performance on assignments and exams, and identify and develop strategies to optimize future academic performance in quantitative courses.
* Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively supports equal access for all people, and we consider applicants for all positions regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Gender, Age, National Origin, Marital or Veteran Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other legally protected status.
* Master's degree in STEM or finance related field preferred.
* Must have 3 years of experience working in college learning centers.
* Significant experience with working with students to assess and develop learning strategies.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong technology skills. Experience with Canvas and e-texts preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and backgrounds.
* Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright ? Berkeley College
Berkeley College - Site Map
Associated topics: accountant, admin secretary, admin support specialist, administrative assistant iv, budget, fundraising, information technology analyst, information technology support associate, information technology systems analyst, operational support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...