- Northfield Bancorp
- $80,896.67 -163,220.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
1 Center Cir
Northfield Bank is a full service bank with 40 branch locations throughout New Jersey; and Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York. With a history dating back to 1887, our growth continues through expansion of our presence in local communities and in our Product and Service offerings. Over 300 employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures have come together to make Northfield Bank what it is today. The Bank believes in providing all employees with the opportunity to reach their career potential and encourages advancement within the organization. For more information, please visit www.eNorthfield.com
Job Title: Senior Securities Analyst
Job Status: Full Time (Exempt)
Job Location: 581 Main Street-Suite 810, Woodbridge NJ
Reports To: SVP, Chief Investments Officer and Treasurer
The Senior Securities Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Chief Investments Officer and Treasurer, with the daily activities related to investment strategies and research.
* Able to make sound business decision and make relevant recommendations
* Research, gather, and interpret complex financial data
* Perform advanced quantitative analysis
* Collaborate with members of senior management across the Company to provide reporting, research and analytical support for various projects
* Assist the Treasurer in daily liquidity, interest rate risk and investment strategies
* Analyse collateral and cash flow of mortgage-backed securities and corporate in current portfolio and for possible purchases or sales
* Stress test non-agency mortgage-backed securities to identify potential principal losses
* Assist the Treasurer in managing reverse repurchase agreement book and borrowing exposure to each counterpart with respect to collateral
* Prepare analytical research on relevant financial industry and peer groups
* Manage interest rate risk model
* Assist senior management in interest rate modeling and in the budgeting process
* Responsible for complying with all relevant bank policies and procedures including BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, and government compliance, as well as those associate with consumer compliance laws, rules and regulations, as detailed in all training, educational materials and manuals provided for the position
* Ability to take on additional tasks and assignments based on business need
* BS in Accounting or currently pursuing a BA/BS in Accounting or related field
* CPA, a plus
* Minimum 5 years relevant experience required, Banking experience a plus
* Supervisory experience, a plus
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* A fundamental understanding of data models
* Understanding of key business and operations concepts
* Ability to organize, plan, analyze, and present data from different sources
* Quantitative Analysis
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Securities Laws and Regulations Compliance: Knowledge of securities laws and regulations Investment Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, regulations, business practices, and operation of mutual funds, securities and bonds
* Investment Operations Operations Management: Knowledge of and ability to effectively and efficiently manage investment operations through various investment operations principles, procedures and techniques.
* Investment Reporting: Knowledge of and ability to use methods, processes and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough investment reports.
* Risk Management Investment Banking: Knowledge of process, tools, regulations and business practices for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure to risks of various kinds.
Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran
Associated topics: fiduciary, financial planner, financial product, financial professional, financial service, mortgage, payment, personal banker, risk management, security
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...