Zwanger-Pesiri Radiology is looking for Ultrasound Technologists for our Nassau and Brooklyn/Queens offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a professional and courteous manner. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of the examination, and answering patient questions.
- Verifies patient identity and exam to be provided in accordance with current policies.
- Reviews prescriptions, patient history, and prior exams for pertinent clinical information. Takes and records in RIS a thorough and accurate patient medical history.
- Ability to diagnose findings and create detailed write-ups of those findings. Must have the knowledge to measure findings in 3 planes to determine size of pathologies.
- Determining what would be the appropriate windows in which to find pathologies and optimizing those images and determining when something should be made urgent.
- Operate ultrasound equipment while keeping hands steady to produce and record images of motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, or bodily masses, such as fluid accumulations.
- Create images necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Familiar with, Phillips IU22, Samsung A30, Siemens Sequoia, Siemens S2000, Supersonic.
- Familiarity and willingness to be crossed trained in Special procedures such as ECHOS, RCDS, ICAEL as well as biopsies and MSK procedures.
- Maintains on-going awareness of patients' needs while performing procedure which requires physical contact, i.e., gentle positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth and modesty, and reassure patient during procedure.
- Keeps patient apprised of progress of exam. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly.
- Transfers images to PACS or other workstations for post-processing and proper archiving of studies.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulation.
- Assures that sterile or non-sterile supplies are present and in working order or requisition materials.
- Effectively coordinates patient schedule with clerical personnel, tech assistants, and other technologist to maintain throughput and achieve productivity goals
- Provide assistance with such tasks as dressing and changing to seriously ill, injured, or disabled patients.
- Adheres to establish infection control and sharps disposal policy and procedures.
- Communicating with Doctors about findings and taking add images if needed.
- Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary keeping patients and others informed as needed.
- Develop or otherwise produce film records of radiographic images.
Associated topics: ascp, blood collection, hematopathology, mls, mlt, pathology, sample collection, technician lab, testing, toxicology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...